Hostile™

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving Forward since '06

2 posters

PURPLETOP READ

DerekBogie
    DerekBogie

PURPLETOP READ Empty PURPLETOP READ

Post by DerekBogie Mon May 30, 2011 1:14 am

Alright. This forum server doesnt have a good quality format for a chatbox. i made a replica forum from www.punbb-hosting.com/forums/hostilecars I disabled most of the website and made the chatbox. If you log out of the new chatbox website it automatically redirects you back to this website so basically it seems like its all connected to the same forum.

check it out and if you want to add it ill help. I know you probably am aware of how to do this all but i am going to explain just in case go to your admin panel on the original website, if you havent already click "advanced" to view more admin options. then click the "display" link go down on the left side and find "homepage" once found click "headers & navigation." then scroll down and click the green "add a customized menu" in the menu section put Chatbox, leave picture blank, put ChatBox in the text section, then post this in the redirection url,
    http://www.punbb-hosting.com/forums/HostileCars/chatbox.php

then click the display in new window checkmark and click save.. after that u can move it by the arrows to change its location in the nav bar. then it is complete the two forums are linked by the nav bar.

unfortunately everyone will need to register only once at the new forum to post without having to submit a name and email for every post. if you need more help let me know. i will keep that forum active for you until you tell me if you want it or not. If you do want it i will turn over admin rights to you. Also there are ways to customize the html to make colorful pretty nice titles in front of posters names, such as admin, moderator, guest, noob etc.. i can customize the html for you when you decide if you want it or not. like the other forum this saves all posts so you can view older posts from when you werent on.. if i screwed something up or you want help let me know or text me at 812-430-6027 or just reply to this.. thanks man hope you like it.
    DerekBogie
    DerekBogie

PURPLETOP READ Empty Re: PURPLETOP READ

Post by DerekBogie Mon May 30, 2011 1:16 am

If you dont like it no hard feelings just trying to help. Or we can experiment with different styles of chatbox`s. i know you cant downlaod one worth a shit on the internet to add on to the site via coding.
    PurpleTop240
    PurpleTop240
    Admin

Post by PurpleTop240 Mon May 30, 2011 1:34 am

Main problem is loosing all the data we have now. It may not be much but there is some quality conversations that are controversial and sentimental. I think we are going to stick with this forum for a while, until it is necessary to move to a better forum location. Until then, I will keep trying to add updates and work the kinks out as we go. Hopefully everyone will keep putting ideas out there and we can have something awesome. Keep them coming though. I like the fact that someone is taking the time to add new ideas and make this forum a little better, one post at a time.

Thanks again,
    Eric

DerekBogie
    DerekBogie

Post by DerekBogie Mon May 30, 2011 5:43 pm

THats the thing with they way i set up the other forum. THe other forum is completely deleted EXCEPT a chatbox. This means we use this forum but there will be a nav bar that links into a different pop up window the chatbox from the other forum. That way you dont get redirected from this forum but yet have the better chatbox to use in a different window while serfing this site. And if you log out of the other site it redirects it back to this website that way if you accidently close this browser while in the chatbox it brings you back to it anyways. for everyone who doesnt know the way the chatbox will be set up will think it is a part of this forum thats how blended it is. So yeah use this forum but i was just stating a way to have that chatbox while having this site.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 pm