Hostile™

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving Forward since '06

2 posters

Gear ratio swap, differential work etc on any rear wheel or all wheel drives.

SilviaS14_sr20
    SilviaS14_sr20

Gear ratio swap, differential work etc on any rear wheel or all wheel drives. Empty Gear ratio swap, differential work etc on any rear wheel or all wheel drives.

Post by SilviaS14_sr20 Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:50 am

If anyone is interested in doing a gear ratio swap or wanting to put a posi unit/ locker or even just get new clutches installed in your current diff. I can provide all parts and am capable of doing the install if needed (mainly gear swaps and shimming new ring and pinion).

There are several different options that most people do not know about on gear swapping, or choosing to go with a posi unit or even a locker. I'll throw a couple of items out there off the top of my head.
    -Spartan Locker: Works with factory carrier, replaces spider gears and acts as a LOCKER when your in the gas and will release as an open diff when no gas is applied. (Saves them tires that you couldn't afford to begin with Smile and is dependable)
    -Mini Spool: Works with factory carrier, replaces spider gears. Always locked in just as a welded diff would be, only this is a very cheap and reliable way to have a truely locked rearend. (I can purchase this for under $100, and at the most would not be over $120)
    -Full Spool: Replaces carrier while ring gear bolts directly to the unit and locks your axles together. (This would be for anyone out there pushing some serious power and is blowing welded diffs and a mini spool isn't strong enough).
    -New clutches: Have an old worn out limited slip that just simply don't work anymore?? If you want that factory unit fixed, I can purchase just the new clutches and it will work like new. And they do last with the correct fluids, additives etc.

Gear Swap: Want just a little more low end torque out of your car to tweak it just right or vise versa? Off the top of my head, I can get a high performance ring and pinion for just over 100 bucks. This can make a world of a difference with the correct ratio chosen. I can get a hold of a pretty wide range of different ratios depending on the diff. (IF YOU DECIDE YOU WANT A GEAR SWAP, BE SMART AND NOT A CHEAP ASS! PUT A BEARING A SEAL KIT IN WHEN YOU DO THIS)
    I can get an install kit for roughly $150 but could be much cheaper, but not much over 150 at worse case senario.

*HOSTILE CUSTOMS MEMBERS ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT WILL BE QUOTED AT A DISCOUNT, ALL OTHERS WILL GET REGULAR PRICING BUT THE SERVICES STILL STAND.*
    I will charge a flat bench labor rate of $125 for anything from a complete overhaul to a gear swap. Some small jobs, labor is negotiable..
    If requested I will sandblast the diff housing , axles and yolk at no charge when getting your diff worked on. And I will warranty my work!

*****If interested you can contact me on my cell 306-7824 name is Corey Loehr. If you call and let me know exactly what you have, I can give you exact pricing and can show you the different possibilites for upgrade.******

Thanks Guys, I will post pics of what I am doing with my diff on here within the next week or so. I'm fulling building mine, I will post the prices of everything I'm doing for some reference on parts.
    hostile1
    hostile1
    Admin

Gear ratio swap, differential work etc on any rear wheel or all wheel drives. Empty Re: Gear ratio swap, differential work etc on any rear wheel or all wheel drives.

Post by hostile1 Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:22 am

hell yeah! i will probably be getting a lower gear pretty soon so i will hit you up
    SilviaS14_sr20
    SilviaS14_sr20

Gear ratio swap, differential work etc on any rear wheel or all wheel drives. Empty Re: Gear ratio swap, differential work etc on any rear wheel or all wheel drives.

Post by SilviaS14_sr20 Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:51 pm

I'm gearing mine lower as well, I've been up at CTC today looking at the different types of ratios that will work with the nissan rearends. I'll be putting Dana 44 internals in mine.
    hostile1
    hostile1
    Admin

Post by hostile1 Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:54 pm

nice

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 pm